Monday, February 12, 2007

OK Already...

Man, you blog readers sure aren't very patient, eh? ;) Maybe I don't need to post this at all now, 'cause it's almost a week old! Last weekend was full. Real full. But a really good time for sure.

Friday evening Heinrich & Irene & co. came over for supper. Liane made some really good pizza. We played Settlers of Catan. I can't remember who won. Had a great evening with them though.

After H&I left, we went to pick up a couple of girls for the weekend. Our church was hosting a quiz meet, and these girls were from the Dryden team.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early. Dropped the girls off at the church and went home to clean up. Went back to the church for a while to watch some quizzing. Impressive.

Saturday evening we went back to the church again. We watched the awards ceremony, and Dustin's band led an evening of praise & worship. Sounded pretty good.

In the afternoon, Liane was busy getting stuff ready for the "International Meal" we were having at church. The people in charge of it did an amazing job, and hopefully we can do it again sometime.

So really, that's about it. From the sound of the comments left on the last post, people were expecting some exciting news or something. Sorry. I've just been to busy to get this one done.

Anywhoos, hope you all have a wonderful day.

- Warren










5 comments:

Jobina said...

Ahhh, thanks. That suspense was killing me!
That sounds like a great weekend! I wasn't expecting anything earth shattering, just wanted to hear what you guys were up too. I always enjoy weekends when it's full of family and friends! Glad to hear about yours. But one detail was missing...what did Liane make for the International dinner?

Stacey said...

Liane made a wonderful mandarine cake! She's so good at it. I could eat half the cake myself.

Warren & Liane Thiessen said...

By the way... I won the game! Warren was ahead of me for a while but then I beat him, strange that he forgot that :)

- Liane

Hey Stacey, thanks for the compliment! I can give you the recipe if you want!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, wasn't that so fabulous!!! I think what I enjoyed the most was,...the manti, pilaf, chicken rolls, salad, guacamole & chips, hot bean dip, spring rolls, vereneke, cabbage rolls...mmmm, did I forget anything? Ah yes, the mandarin cake was a great finishing touch!
I'm ready to do that again.

Trev and Rebekah said...

Yeah for Settlers!!!